OPERA NAPLES ANNOUNCES 2016/2017 SEASON OF EVENTS
Featuring Three Operas with Themes of Love, Tragedy and Triumph
Including World Renowned Italian Soprano, Renata Scotto!
Naples, Florida (July 28, 2016) – Opera Naples has announced their 2016/2017 season of
events with Ramón Tebar leading once again as Artistic Director. New this year is the inaugural “Renata Scotto Opera Program” for students which features special guest star and world renowned Italian soprano and opera director, Mme. Renata Scotto. Opera Naples’ exclusive participation in this outreach program allows them to be the sole presenter of the only Renata Scotto Opera Program in the country.
The Beaux Arts Chamber Concert Series returns for the second year in a row including two opera stars’ concerts featuring John Osborn and Angela Meade. All events will take place at the Wang Opera Center with the exception of two operas, Turandot and Magic Flute that will take place at Artis-Naples. Tickets go on sale August 2, 2017 and can be purchased online at operanaples.org or by calling 239.963.9050.
- November 9, 2016 at 8 pm Turandot by G. Puccini at Artis Naples
- December 4, 2016 at 8 pm Liederabend – “A German Romantic Art Song”
- December 18, 2016 at 8 pm John Osborn in Concert
- January 11, 2017 at 8 pm Beaux Arts Series Concert 1 – The Romantic Piano Trio
- January 17, 2017 at 8 pm Concerto de Zarzuela
- January 20, 2017 at 8 pm “An Evening in Monaco with Renata Scotto” – Opera Gala
- January 21, 2017 at 8 pm “An Evening with Renata Scotto”
- January 25, 2017 at 8 pm Scotto Opera Program Concert – Recital
- February 21, 2017 at 8 pm Beaux Arts Series Concert 2 –
- An Evening with Maestro Lewis Kaplan
- February 28, 2017 at 8 pm Angela Meade in Concert
- March 10, 2017 at 8 pm La Hija de Rapaccini by D. Catan (Rapaccini’s Daughter)
- March 12, 2017 at 2 pm La Hija de Rapaccini by D. Catan (Rapaccini’s Daughter)
- March 13, 2017 at 8 pm “Masterclass with Renata Scotto”
- March 18, 2017 at 8 pm Scotto Opera Program Concert – Recital
- March 23, 2017 at 8 pm Beaux Arts Series Concert 3 – Henschel String Quartet
- April 10, 2017 at 8 pm Nachito Herrera & Eglise Gutierrez
- April 25, 2017 at 8 pm Beaux Arts Series Concert 4 – Paul Huang, Violinist
- May 12, 2017 at 8 pm Die Zauberflote by W.A. Mozart (The Magic Flute) at Artis
For more details about the 2016/2017 Opera Naples seasonal events, the purchase of tickets or how to become a donor, visit operanaples.org or call 239.963.9050.
About Opera Naples:
Situated on the Gulf of Mexico in Florida’s Collier County, Opera Naples is dedicated to presenting opera productions and concerts of the highest quality. A regional artistic powerhouse in an area known for its
world class dining, shopping, arts galleries and pristine beaches, the city’s opera company is a cultural jewel in Southwest Florida. Opera Naples presents internationally renowned performers and directors, while encouraging, grooming, and showcasing young regional talent. It produces classic grand operas at local venues each season as well as chamber opera and concerts at the David and Cecile Wang Opera Center. A staunch proponent of community service and education outreach, the company has introduced opera to over 60,000 local
area children since its inception and offers various programs, including Lee and Collier county in-school programs and performances; the Young Artists Program; summer programs, and ONcore (for local and regional semi-professional singers). Opera Naples is led by Artistic Director, internationally renowned Spanish conductor, Ramón Tebar, known for his musical versatility, compelling interpretations and orchestra building skills. Over the past decade, the company has earned local, regional and state government support. Opera Naples is grateful to its sponsors, patrons and many supporters who have helped it become an important part of the cultural fabric of the region.